2001 Limited - Replace Tailgate

monteric

May 24, 2020
Hi All,

We've had our Sequoia since '05 and its been great. This past Thanksgiving we took a trip to Arizona to be with family and on the way back were rear ended by a new model Dodge Charger. The driver fell asleep. It was a very hard hit. The tow hitch prevented a lot of damage but the lift gate hit, bumper both got thrashed. I've done some car body repair in the past and fortunately the damage was isolated to the liftgate and bumper it was clear that with replacements it was a bolt on job. So, at the local Pick a Part they had what i think was an '05 liftgate that had a small dent and a bumper that had a few scrapes. The wiring harness had been butchered by other Pick a Part patrons but I thought I should use my harness anyways. Everything fell pretty much into place except for a connector that appears I am missing a module for. The connector is close to the top of the harness that comes down the left side of the liftgate. it is gray and is just before the 2 white connectors that plug in to the Liftgate Control Module. Computer, Multiplex Network Door 892220C010 (89222-0C010). The missing module appears to be needed for the license plate lights the tailgate lock and running lights left and right to work. I have looked and looked but can't find anything about what this connector should plug in to. Thank you in advance for any help!

Chrisgeorge54

Oct 31, 2019
I’m not sure, but I would go look in the junkyard for another sequoia to see if you can spot the connector. It would also probably be worthwhile to look at any 4th gen 4runners to see if they are wired up the same back there (there’s a good chance they are)