2007 Limited - opinions & advice

caseycclark

Jul 27, 2020
Hey folks,

These forums have been an absolutely great resource. I look forward to sharing my progress with this beauty I found in Arizona. I can’t wait to get started - ‘07 Limited, 93k miles.

Advice:

How does the offset of the TRD Sema 17” wheels work with this rig? How well does the offset work with 285’s? Spacers needed?

What’s the best way to remove the factory airbags in order to convert over to a lift from Josh over at 1stgenoffroad? (I’m looking at the Straight Joe)

Opinions:

Gobi or Sherpa Equipment roof rack? Or any other suggestions...

Custom-built drawer system? Or is there a vendor who makes something that can be adapted?

Light bars/Lights: Rigid, LED Extreme, or Baja Designs? Or others....

Thanks, everyone....I put a deposit down today with Bruteforce fab for sliders, front and rear bumper...rear bumper with dual swingouts, ladder, table, spare tire carrier, etc. I’ll be sure to share pictures....I look forward to everyone’s input.

Thanks!
Casey

9ee44b8fd8cf3117bd938561d06ec1ea.jpg
f242abe9d541eab3995a14eb34d51b1b.jpg
6e10427e52d26b2fa16fafaa7d8bfa8d.jpg
6e6973949d00d6906b63d1dce90ba780.jpg
7185e5f03775327a81f1a7244c04cfbe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
Very nice! The Sema 17s will work with 285s without spacers. Why get ride of the air coils? It's not hard to do, just curious. Suncore makes a full conversion kit with springs for cheap, you can just toss the springs if you don't want them. Just disco the fuse and remove the bags and lines from the rear. Install the isolator and spring and you're done.

Reactions: caseycclark

caseycclark

Jul 27, 2020
Very nice! The Sema 17s will work with 285s without spacers. Why get ride of the air coils? It's not hard to do, just curious. Suncore makes a full conversion kit with springs for cheap, you can just toss the springs if you don't want them. Just disco the fuse and remove the bags and lines from the rear. Install the isolator and spring and you're done.

Thanks!

That’s great news about the Sema 17s....I’ve got my eye on a set right now.

Maybe I was unclear about the airbags: I will be getting rid of them once my lift comes in. My understanding of the process is that I need to remove the airbags, buy 2 new factory spring isolators and the lift from 1stgenoffroad will go right in....am I correct?

The suncore kit looks like a replacement of the airbags themselves, right? That’s the only kit I see on their site for the ‘07 Sequoia. Send me a link of the kit you’re referring to.....thanks!

Casey

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
Thanks!

That’s great news about the Sema 17s....I’ve got my eye on a set right now.

Maybe I was unclear about the airbags: I will be getting rid of them once my lift comes in. My understanding of the process is that I need to remove the airbags, buy 2 new factory spring isolators and the lift from 1stgenoffroad will go right in....am I correct?

The suncore kit looks like a replacement of the airbags themselves, right? That’s the only kit I see on their site for the ‘07 Sequoia. Send me a link of the kit you’re referring to.....thanks!

Casey

I get what you're saying. Im asking why put in the coils and not keep the bags? Just get some shocks and lift the bags, also very easy to do. Here's the link for the coil conversion https://www.suncoreindustries.com/p...n-conversion-kit-for-2005-2007-toyota-sequoia

caseycclark

Jul 27, 2020
I get what you're saying. Im asking why put in the coils and not keep the bags? Just get some shocks and lift the bags, also very easy to do. Here's the link for the coil conversion https://www.suncoreindustries.com/p...n-conversion-kit-for-2005-2007-toyota-sequoia

Thanks! That looks like an easy swap....I was looking at the Toyota isolators (PN# 48313-0C020), but the Suncore kit is cheaper. I’ll definitely keep this in mind...

Casey