2008 SR5 aftermarket roof side rails

leonc328

Feb 10, 2020
Hi everyone, I recently bought a 2008 Sequoia SR5. It didn’t have any factory roof rails installed. Has anyone here bought and installed aftermarket side rails? I see a few options from Perry Craft and a sweet full rack setup from FrontRunner.

my roof is bare except for the two black plastic pieces along the sides where the rails would be.

Jgrauman

Feb 18, 2019
Hi everyone, I recently bought a 2008 Sequoia SR5. It didn’t have any factory roof rails installed. Has anyone here bought and installed aftermarket side rails? I see a few options from Perry Craft and a sweet full rack setup from FrontRunner.

my roof is bare except for the two black plastic pieces along the sides where the rails would be.
What kind of money you wanting to spend?

TrdnDrt28

Sep 29, 2021
Gobi Stealth definitely for the win.
Order time frame: I ordered a rack back on March 2021, wait time ... still TBD as of 09/29.

GreenBeast

Oct 12, 2021
Has anyone attempted to put at 2021 TRD Pro rack on an SR5? Any issues?
I’ve been wondering the exact same on all the TRD stuff - especially the rack - since the TRD version hit the market. If I can get my old
FJ60 project to a point I can focus on the Sequoia I’ll see if I can get one and do it - if I have to force it onto my 08 then so be it… I hate drilling but I need to paint the top anyway. If I do I’ll post it.

PatG08

Oct 28, 2018
I’ve been wondering the exact same on all the TRD stuff - especially the rack - since the TRD version hit the market. If I can get my old
FJ60 project to a point I can focus on the Sequoia I’ll see if I can get one and do it - if I have to force it onto my 08 then so be it… I hate drilling but I need to paint the top anyway. If I do I’ll post it.
Yes! I priced it out and it was reasonable. The dealer didn’t throw any red flags about it but I’m sure it’s not one they see much of. Parts list they gave me is attached.206C07A2-14C5-4CBB-B3CE-2A0A7AF2D0DD.jpeg

Reactions: GreenBeast

MagmaFJ

Oct 8, 2019
When I asked about buying a TRD roof rack back in 2020, they said they could not sell to anyone without an actual TRD Pro. They claimed it was Toyota policy. Maybe the policy changed or other dealers don’t enforce it.

That said as far as I know companies that make racks for the Sequoia include:
Aloffroad
Victory4x4
Gobi
Front runner