Antenna question

dnp

Apr 23, 2018
I did a search, but nothing came up.

The non-functional, factory antenna on my '01 Limited finally broke, and since automatic power antennas on off-road vehicles make ZERO sense to me, I want to replace it with something short and flexible (maybe even something interior-mounted.) Anyone have any experience with suitable rubber antennas? What about something that will mount inside?

The factory mount trim on the Sequoia fender is a little unique, so I thought I'd check and see what others have done.

Thanks!

Sam

Sep 19, 2018
You need the fixed mast antenna from a 1st gen tundra. About $50. Then you can put a stubby rubber antenna on.

Requires that you remove the radio head unit and glove box to remove the old antenna wiring and put in the new one. Also gotta peel back the fender well a bit. Not complicated or difficult.

dnp

Apr 23, 2018
Turns out, I decided to go the SUPER easy route .

I took a replacement automatic antenna mast, cut the geared tape off of it, and I installed it on the antenna. Then, I very slightly crimped each telescoping joint to make it stay extended. Now I have an extendable manual antenna. Works great when I want a short antenna for off road.

Gmoney32

Nov 25, 2018
Grand Rapids, MI
Hello everyone! I purchased my 02 SR5 with a stubby antenna already installed and it works fine. The person that put it on didn't disconnect the power antenna though so every time I turn the radio on or off the motor runs for approximately 20 seconds. Anyone know if there's a fuse for the motor I can take out? Or any other suggestions? Thanks!