Direct Fit Catalytic Converters (left and right)

Dillegm

Apr 7, 2020
I just picked up a pretty great shape 2007 Sequoia SR5 off a buddy for a steal. It has high mileage. 200k exactly of which I’ve added 4K.
I put on a brand new cat-back exhaust since the original was shot and loud. The shop who did the install used a flange saver on one of the Downpipe/cat conv’s since an OEM replacement is literally $2k each side. (N.Y. adopted California emissions laws) and they won’t weld on a down pipe that has a built in cat.
After a couple hundred miles the flange saver failed and I found Walker brand direct fit down pipe cats that are NY EPA/CARB compliant, but NOT California compliant for use in NY. Im told that simply means no shop can install it legally but I could install it myself. Is this true? They claim they will not trip OBD2 codes. They are reasonably priced too. They are almost identical to the OEM pipe

222DB070-69DE-448E-8DE7-169A80F9E609.jpeg
They make a left and right side version but the right side is more expensive.

Does anyone know if I’ll be able to use these without tripping lights constantly?

121D23CE-F5EB-49F4-B0E1-A61721DB286D.jpeg

Thanks all

Reactions: RazorbackSequoia

Dillegm

Apr 7, 2020
Same boat. But I am in Arkansas and don't have to pass emissions.

In Ny they expect us to throw away perfectly good vehicles because of that stupid light.

I’m looking at a 2016 4Runner premium because I refuse to dump a couple grand into this because the government says so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk