Unanswered Looking at buying a 2005 Sequoia!

dferg

Aug 7, 2019
Vehicle Drivetrain
4wd
Vehicle Year
Hey guys,
I have been looking at a 2005 Sequoia Limited. It looks like it has been well maintained and in the last few months there has been a lot of work done. The biggest concern I have is, it has 243k miles. I know a lot of you guys have that many miles on yours but assuming that not many of you bought it with that many. Here is everything that has been done.

243,000 miles
The miles are mostly highway miles. No accidents. Very clean for a 14 year old vehicle.
Maintenance work done this year:

• BRAND NEW FRAME BY BECK TOYOTA WITH NEW BRAKE LINES
  • BRAND NEW TIMING BELT AND WATER PUMP 2k MILES AGO
  • BRAND NEW FRONT AND REAR STURTS
  • BRAND NEW DRIVE AIR-BAGS
  • NEW WHEELS AND TIRES
  • NEW LOWER BALL JOINTS
  • WEATHER TECH MATS
  • REAR BRAKE AND ROTORS
  • BRAND NEW FLUID ALL THE WAY AROUND
  • All work done by Toyota dealer with paperwork.
The only thing wrong with the truck is the rear window does not roll down.

With all of this said, we have negotiated pricing to $7k. Thoughts on what I am getting myself into.

kennypea45

Oct 7, 2019
Did you decide anything on the 05? I’ve got 250k on my 02 and I’ve recently put in a new fuel pump along with a new (used) transmission. I can’t imagine the cost of a Toyota dealership doing all that work you mentioned. It would have to be more than 7k worth of work. Seems like it would be solid with all that work but who knows? I got about 245k miles out of my fuel pump and tranny.

Ace Laserna

Dec 23, 2020
Hey guys,
I have been looking at a 2005 Sequoia Limited. It looks like it has been well maintained and in the last few months there has been a lot of work done. The biggest concern I have is, it has 243k miles. I know a lot of you guys have that many miles on yours but assuming that not many of you bought it with that many. Here is everything that has been done.

243,000 miles
The miles are mostly highway miles. No accidents. Very clean for a 14 year old vehicle.

• NEW WHEELS AND TIRES
  • NEW LOWER BALL JOINTS
  • WEATHER TECH MATS
  • REAR BRAKE AND ROTORS

With all of this said, we have negotiated pricing to $7k. Thoughts on what I am getting myself into.
The big things are frame rust, timing belt and water pump which are taken care of. At $7,000, sounds pretty good!

Toyota4life

Feb 24, 2020
I have a 2006 sequoia I bought new in 2006. It has 288,050 miles I have kept it serviced and haven't used cheap parts or fluids. I do the majority of repairs or services myself and the truck runs great. I also have a 2014 sequoia but I drive my 2006 90% of the time because I like it. Gas mileage is way better in 4.7 vs 5.7. Sounds fair I would think, it is like anything you do not know, only hope, and if it lasts or craps out just hope you got your money's worth. Don't get mad, it's just one of those things no one can control knowing when things crap out.

willvoss

Oct 8, 2021
Hey guys,

243,000 miles

• NEW WHEELS AND TIRES
  • NEW LOWER BALL JOINTS
  • WEATHER TECH MATS
  • REAR BRAKE AND ROTORS

how did this end up?

Mtoddsolomon

Jun 11, 2019
I’d try to work that price down some but it sounds like a well maintained sequoia. These things will last forever, I wouldn’t worry about the mileage. And the window is a quick fix.

Brisboats

Feb 28, 2022
With the new frame I would say you are getting into a great deal. Would want to know when timing belt was done. The rear window can be expensive. Does the rear defroster and wiper work?

Ghost

May 16, 2019
Sounds like a solid vehicle and it looks like the seller has done most of the mechanicals. I didn't see if he/she did the rear hatch (minor) repair or replace. I am wondering if you purchasing it from a dry area or near salt air. Obviously, I say that because of the potential for rust repair, just a thought for you. My last thought would be price, 7K would be a perfect 2005, I would negotiate that down closer to 5K, just my 2 cents. I have and 2002 with about same mileage, still lovin it and I don't think she would be worth 7K. All the best

I just realized that the thread I just answered was from 2019 LMAO !! but my advice remains the same, now I am wondering if you actually bought it LOL