Red LED interior lights - almost my favorite upgrade.

Tom

Apr 12, 2017
I installed red LED bulbs in the front passenger map light and the driver-side center row passenger reading lamp. They have been amazing for night-time driving and long distance road trips: the light does not wreck your night vision. The front passenger/navigator/food distributor can see fine, and the kids have shown a tendency to cheer up with a light on (which would not be possible if it were white).

I am planning on keeping the passenger map light white (it has been upgraded to LED), but plan to change the door courtesy lights to red LEDs as well.

Reactions: Jim Smola

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
I installed red LED bulbs in the front passenger map light and the driver-side center row passenger reading lamp. They have been amazing for night-time driving and long distance road trips: the light does not wreck your night vision. The front passenger/navigator/food distributor can see fine, and the kids have shown a tendency to cheer up with a light on (which would not be possible if it were white).

I am planning on keeping the passenger map light white (it has been upgraded to LED), but plan to change the door courtesy lights to red LEDs as well.

Seriously considering the red ligjt map lights in the configuration that you have laid out. Great idea.