transfer case actuator

wael

Oct 15, 2019
Hi everyone
i am a new here but my issue is not a new lol
i've 2003 siquia runs fine with no issues . last week i tried to engage 4wd but no success . i removed the transfer case actuator cover and found it full of water and the black cover was rusty as well i took a part every thing around to clean them ( my bad)
i had to buy used actuator cover but the problem now i cant put back the gear in right position see pic attached (not actual pic)
BTW my sequia has 4WD button and shift lever form HO to LO
any help will be highly appreciated

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

sgreenaway

Oct 9, 2022
Did you ever find the correct position? I've got the same issue on mine, cleaned it up the best I could but I'm now dealing with the 4wd indicator on as soon as I start the truck up, but I can turn it off but still get the blinky center diff lock light on. Can't find much on these transfer cases.

michgang

Aug 4, 2023
Did you ever find the correct position? I've got the same issue on mine, cleaned it up the best I could but I'm now dealing with the 4wd indicator on as soon as I start the truck up, but I can turn it off but still get the blinky center diff lock light on. Can't find much on these transfer cases.
I’m having same issue. I plan on working on the timing tomorrow. When the large gear is turned towards drivers side that activates 4wd. Turn all way to the right it goes into 2wd. So the three prongs have to be at around 7 o’clock. That’s 2wd. Then as you turn to the left at around 3 o’clock is 4H. Then for 4L the gear spins to about 11 o’clock.

Anthony81

Dec 12, 2022
I had the same problem. Do you have a locker? If so you will need to open the case to get the new actuator on. I tried taking the actuator apart to put it on without dropping the trans case, that didn't work... I was able to put the actuator back together by taking pictures of it, and marking where the teeth were. I had it close, but wasn't 100 percent sure. I hooked it up to the truck with the case off, and inserted the two rods from the case. they seemed to both move when I hit the 4x4 buttons. Put it all back together, it all works. It wants to hang up going back into 2wd. To make sure it releases, I spin the front shaft to make sure its not engaged. My dash lights for the 4wd don't work, they didn't work before either... Another issue... However, it will go into 4hi and 4lo, and the locker works. You shouldn't have to go through all this if you don't have lockers. Better safe than sorry though. It wasn't that hard. I did it in the driveway.