Transfer case stuck in lo range but not 4wd

Chase

Jul 14, 2018
I am looking at an 06 that has an issue with the transfer case. Toyota dealership says it’s stuck in lo range in transfer case but in 2wd. My research tells me it probably the actuator motor that is not disengaging the lo range? Has anyone run into this issue? Is there a way to manually put the transfer case out of lo range? Also, pull the transfer case, split it and change the actuator or just get a salvaged transfer case? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated .

BMILLER100

Jun 21, 2018
I was curious how you ended up fixing this problem? I have a similar problem. My 06 Sequoia is in 2WD and I have a flashing 4LO all the time. I suspect it is the actuator on the transfer case but figured I would ask how you fixed yours.

EltonD

Jul 20, 2019
Ive just had the same issue come on my 07 Sequoia. Tried everything to salvage the current actuator but unfortunately it looks like I will be sourcing out a "USED" one from the local junk yard.

It will works, then I will let you know, here.

NWSequoiaMan

Jan 14, 2021
You could manually disengage it by removing the cover and turning the gears however you need to be very careful since they are plastic. 50/50 if you destroy the actuator doing this.