What are you running? Why?

Shaun

Familiar Member
Jan 10, 2017
Clackamas oregon
255/85r16 cooper st maxx, wanted a tall skinny sense it's my daily . Super happy with them so far , did some towing in the snow and they preformed amazing .

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 144
Reactions: Jim Smola

Jason Colman

Feb 27, 2017
West Palm Beach, FL
sorry i miss typed new ones are 295 70 18 so they are about .75" taller and about .5" narrower
So anyone have any suggestions on what i would need to do to fit theses? Lift? wheel spacers? both? I bought 1" lift for the front but my spring compressor wont fit the shock while it on the truck to compress it to get it in there. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
So anyone have any suggestions on what i would need to do to fit theses? Lift? wheel spacers? both? I bought 1" lift for the front but my spring compressor wont fit the shock while it on the truck to compress it to get it in there. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

I have always taken the strut out to put on a lift spacer.

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
I have always taken the strut out to put on a lift spacer.
So you should not have to compress the strut to get it to go back it but you will have to disconnect endlinks on both sides from sway bar. You are trying to get the lower control arm to go down as much as you can to give you room to fit it.

kevin pritchett

Dec 31, 2016
Las Vegas

Thanks
I do not know how you're going to fit that big of a tire without at least a 3 inch lift and still cutting out your inner fender well . Even then your wheels have got to at least be -30millimeters or you're going to have to get wheel spacers to avoid rubbing your frame . If you are successful please post photos of how you did it. I could barely fit my 285's with what I have done to my truck, which is a lot.

Jason Colman

Feb 27, 2017
West Palm Beach, FL
I do not know how you're going to fit that big of a tire without at least a 3 inch lift and still cutting out your inner fender well . Even then your wheels have got to at least be -30millimeters or you're going to have to get wheel spacers to avoid rubbing your frame . If you are successful please post photos of how you did it. I could barely fit my 285's with what I have done to my truck, which is a lot.

I'm running 305 65 18s now. New shocks but no lift. I does rub when I crank it full over but the tires are about bald too. I have a 2" that I'm going to try to put on this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
I'm running 305 65 18s now. New shocks but no lift. I does rub when I crank it full over but the tires are about bald too. I have a 2" that I'm going to try to put on this weekend.

Post some pics when you get it in. I'd like to see it installed

Rob

Familiar Member
Apr 4, 2017
I am running 285 70 17 BFG AT KO2s on the stock limited 17" wheels. 1.5" spacers all around.
Rancho readylift coilovers for 2.5" lift in front and adjustable ride quality. (8 settings Soft to stiff). Best price for these is rockauto by the way.

In the rear I have stock suspension for now, and air lift air bags. The air bags helped me get to an exactly even 37.5" all the way around when set to 32psi. Rides real nice.

Before the rear airbags I was squatting about 3/4" lower then the front. Will eventually get the toytec rear springs and boss shocks for rear.

Attachments

• 20170329_180019.jpg
    20170329_180019.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 132

Jim Smola

Staff member
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2016
Inman SC
That was the plan for this weekend. My son decided to share the flu with me so we will see if I have energy this weekend to tackle the lift front and rear.

I here you. It's definitely a workout.

Sal R.

Very Well-Known Member
Apr 6, 2017
San Diego

Thanks

Two options, really. Suspension lift or body lift. Wheel spacers will make rubbing worse. Spacer will push your wheel out further, thus increasing your the chances of rubbing the front fender liner and the firewall. Not knowing the specs of your wheel, you may or may not rub the frame at full lock.

Oh, you'll probably need to extend your bumpstops, as well, to keep the tire from smashing into the fender when the suspension cycles up on bumps. 1/2" should do it. Shouldn't need it if you opt for a spacer above your suspension.

I know, cuz I stuffed 295/70r18 MTs on my ride. I went the surgery route.

Good luck.

Last edited: